Notifications
Clear all

Content Streaming issue on Hisense TV

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@chetan)
Topic starter  

the app opens and crashes while streaming content. I checked the internet connectivity and updated the app to the latest version last week. However, the issue keeps coming up, and I wanted to know the fixes to resolve this issue efficiently.

Error :

=> "androidx.media3.exoplayer.ExoPlaybackException: MediaCodecVideoRenderer error, "

=> " Caused by: androidx.media3.exoplayer.video.MediaCodecVideoDecoderException: Decoder failed: OMX.MS.AVC.Decoder"

=> "Video codec error"

(@ruben)
Eminent Member Customer

Hey Chetan!! 
 Would you let me know if the issue you are facing is with one of your streaming services or the media player app? Providing further information will help me assist you with the exact fixes. 

ReplyQuote
(@chetan)
Topic starter  

@ruben issue with exoplayer, as per exoplayer is work with hardware codec.

Hisense tv hardware codec not supported to player. so do you have any solution to play content with exoplayer ?

codec issue : Caused by: androidx.media3.exoplayer.video.MediaCodecVideoDecoderException: Decoder failed: OMX.MS.AVC.Decoder

ReplyQuote
(@ruben)
Eminent Member Customer

Thank you for sharing the details, Chetan. I could confirm the cause of this issue as the incompatibility between the ExoPlayer and your Hisense TV's hardware codec. As a result, you constantly get playback errors because the hardware codec isn't supported by your Hisense TV.

The best option to fix this issue is to try using a different media player app that is compatible with the hardware codec on your Hisense Android TV. Potentially, check if there is any firmware update available for your TV and install it. This might eventually improve the codec support or compatibility with the ExoPlayer.

When the above fixes are ineffective, it's never too late to contact the ExoPlayer app's customer support team for further assistance. You can also contact the Hisense support team for further assistance.

I hope one of these solutions helps you resolve the issue. Let me know if you need any further assistance or if you have any other questions.

ReplyQuote
(@chetan)
Topic starter  

@ruben thanks for more information.

ReplyQuote