Clear all

There is no App Store on my Hisense TV

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 JJ
(@jj)
Topic starter  

What if my tv doesn’t have an app store i have an old Hisense tv and there is nothing on it. All there is is just the inputs and menu.

(@ruben)
Eminent Member Customer

The older Hisense TV will only hold the basic functions. If you don't find a dedicated app store, then it lets you access only the built-in apps. Also, you cannot access any smart features like Enhanced Viewing, energy saving mode, and other such features on your TV.

If you find this as a disadvantage, you need to rely on external streaming devices like Roku, Firestick, etc., for a better streaming experience. Optionally, you can choose to upgrade to the newer Hisense smart TV models.

If the above alternatives seems to be beyond budget, then you shall choose to stream your favorite content via screen mirroring or casting to your Hisense TV from your smartphone or PC.

ReplyQuote
 AB
(@ab)

Even I face the same problem. When I contacted Hisense support to deal with no app store issue, they asked me to purchase the latest model to experience the advanced features. No idea what to do with this TV.

ReplyQuote
(@ruben)
Eminent Member Customer

I am sorry to hear this, AB!

The Hisense support team might have recommended you buy a new TV due to the older version model you use. If you want to experience all the latest features and install many apps, I suggest you follow the Hisense Support team solution and replace the TV with a new advanced one.

If you are unable to buy a new TV, I would recommend you use a streaming device, like Firestick, Chromecast with Google TV, or Roku. Streaming devices are comparatively way cheaper than Hisense TV and it turns your TV into a Smart TV. After connecting the streaming devices, you can install plenty of apps on Hisense TV from the streaming devices's app store.

ReplyQuote
 JJ
(@jj)
Topic starter  

@ruben

Thank you for your support. Mine is an older model Hisense TV, and thus, I couldn't find the app store to further download apps. I would like to upgrade my current model with a Hisense Smart TV. I am looking for a TV with a pre-installed App Store so I can install my favorite apps. Also, it is better that the TV has decent to advanced features and falls under $350-$400. 

ReplyQuote
(@ruben)
Eminent Member Customer

Hi JJ!!

I recommend the Hisense 55-inch Class U7 Series, which runs on Google TV OS. This model is slightly higher than the budget you mentioned, but you need not worry about spending some extra bucks as it is one of the best Hisense TVs.

Besides, you will get access to the built-in app store, Google Play Store, by default. You will also find all the advanced features such as Game mode, Voice Assistant, Dolby Vision, etc. Consider checking out the specs and specifications and purchasing it for uninterrupted entertainment. 

ReplyQuote